(Arab legends) MERCHANT AND GENIUS
.jpg)
There was a merchant who possessed great wealth , both in lands , goods as well as cash . He was obliged , from time to time , to travel to take care of business . One of those times , he mounted his horse , taking with him a small bag in which he had put a few biscuits and dates , because they would have to cross the desert , where no food could be found . He arrived at your destination without mishap , and having finished his business , left in return . On the fourth day of the journey, the sun's heat was too great and he decided to rest under some trees . He found at the foot gave ma huge walnut, a water clear and current. He dismounted , tied his horse to a tree branch and sat by the fountain , after taking the bag some dates and some biscuits . When he finished eating , washed his face and hands in fonte.De Suddenly , he saw a huge , pale with rage , genius coming to him , with a scimitar in hand . - Stand up ! - Ordered the genius, with a terrible voice . - Let me kill you as you killed my son By saying these words , he gave a horrible scream ! . The dealer, completely petrified before the hideous monster face and words against him , said tremulously : - Oh my good lord good, what can I have done to you to deserve this horrible death? - I 'll kill you ! - Repeated the genius . - Just as you killed my son . - But - said the merchant , - how could I have killed your son does not know him and never saw him until now ? - When you came here, you did not sit on the ground ? - Asked the genie . - And you did not catch some dates from his bag and to eat them , not cast out the lumps ? - Yes , I certainly did that - the trader confirmed . - So I tell him you killed my son . While throwing out the stones , my son passed in front of them and hit him in the eye , killing him . So , I 'll kill you too . - Oh , Lord , forgive me ! - Begged the merchant . - I will not have mercy on you - replied the genie . - But I killed his son unwittingly so I beg you to spare my life . - No! I will kill you as you killed my son ! Saying this , he tied the arms dealer, throwing him to the solo.Ergueu the scimitar to his head . The dealer once more protested his innocence and lamented the children of his wife , trying to avoid his tragic destination.The genius, with his scimitar raised above his head , waited until he had finished , not at all touched by the prayers of others . When the merchant saw that the genius was determined to cut his head, he said : - One more request, I ask . Grant me a reprieve , just a little time for me to go home to say goodbye to my wife and kids and do my will . When I do that, I'll come back here and you will kill me . - If I grant you that the postponement asks me , I'm afraid you do not come back here . - I give you my word of honor - said the trader . - I'll be back without fail . - How long do you want? - Asked the genie . - I beg of you the grace of one year - said the trader . - I promise you that in twelve months time , I 'll be waiting under the tree to give you my life . Therein lies the genius left him near the fountain and disappeared . The merchant , having recovered from his fright, mounted his horse and resumed his way . When he got home , his wife and children received him with the greatest joy . But instead of embracing them he began to lament bitterly. They guessed immediately that something terrible had happened . - Speak , tell us what happened ! - Asked his wife . - Ouch! - Answered him . - I only have one year to viver.Então he told them what had happened between him and genius , and how he had given his word to return at the end of a year to be killed . When he heard this terrible news, despaired and wept much. The next day , to resume its business, the first thing the dealer started -do was pay their debts. Gave gifts to friends and large alms to the poor . He determined the freedom of their slaves and cared for nothing fouls Sea wife and filhos.O year soon passed , forcing him to leave. When he tried to say goodbye, it was won by qua suffering and , with difficulty, took charge of his final destination . When he arrived , he dismounted and sat by the fountain , where he awaited the arrival of the terrible temper . It was there, waiting , when an old man driving a doe came to him . Let me ask you , brother, what brought you to this place in the desert where there are so many evil geniuses - : it hailed and then the old man asked ? Seeing these beautiful trees one would imagine that the place is inhabited , but actually is a dangerous place to stop for a long time.The merchant told the old man why he had to be there . The others heard him with surprise. - But this is a wonderful event ! I would like to be a witness of his encounter with the genius - said the old man, sitting next to comerciante.Enquanto they talked to , another old arrived , followed by two black dogs . He greeted them and asked what they were doing there. The old man who was leading the hind told him the adventure of the merchant with the genius . The old second that he had never heard a similar story , also decided to stay to see what would happen. Sat next to each other and were talking when an old Third was bringing in his arms a yellow pot. He asked why the merchant who was with them looked so sad . They told him the story and he also decided to stay paraver what would happen between genius and comerciante.Estavam waiting when they saw thick smoke , like a cloud of dust. It was approaching more and then everything suddenly disappeared . They saw the genius who , speaking to them, approached the dealer, with sword in hand . Holding him by the arm , said : - Stand up and let me kill you as you killed my filho.O merchant and the three old men began to weep and moan. Then the old man leading the hind threw himself at the monster's feet and pleaded : - Prince of the Genii , I beg you to stay his fury and listen. I'll tell you my story and the deer that got me. If you find it wonderful , I ask that you set aside a third of the merchant's punishment that is about to kill The genius considered some time , and then said : - Well , I agree with that . - I'll start my story now - said the old man . - Please , listen to me carefully ! - He asked and began his story.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário